SKATER INFO CENTRE
TEST FEES AND PROCEDURES
- STARSkate Test Fees (as per Skate Canada)
Free Skating STAR 1-5 $15.00 per part Dance STAR 1-5 $15.00 per individual dance Interpretive STAR 1-5 $15.00 per test Skating Skills STAR 1-5 $15.00 per test Free Skating STAR 6+ $15.00 per part Dance STAR 6+ $15.00 per individual dance Interpretive STAR 6+ $15.00 per test Skating Skills STAR 6+ $15.00 per test
- KWSC STAR 1 - 5 Test Procedures
- Tests are assessed by the coach and can take place any time as discussed between the coach and skater.
- A KWSC Coach is responsible for printing and filling out the Skate Canada Assessment Sheet and collecting test money from the skater/parent/guardian in advance of the test. The coach must also include their Skate Canada membership number on the assessment sheet.
- After the test is completed, the coach submits the collected money and completed the assessment sheet in the KWSC Test Day Drop Box.
- The Coach shall email the KWSC Technical Director to inform her that the assessment sheet and test day fee has been dropped in the Test Day Drop Box, copying the parent/guardian on the email.
- KWSC test chair picks up envelopes on the 21st of each month and submits to skate Canada.
- The club will then forward the test form and payment to Skate Canada, and if the test was passed, record it on the skater's KWSC membership account.
* There are no refunds due to missed tests and/or errors
- KWSC STAR 6+ Test Procedures
- Online registration will open 30 days before the formal test day, and will remain open one week before test day at 12:00pm. Parents are to register and pay online. Please ensure the Partner (for Dances), No Music/Music (For Skills), and Title (for Interpretive) are mentioned in comments/notes before completing the payment.
- Coaches must ensure skaters or parents/guardians of skaters register for the proper test online through the KWSC Membership system. On the day the registration closes, coaches are to review the online registration of all their skaters.
- The Test Day schedule will be posted around the rink once it is received from the KWSC test chairperson (approximately two weeks prior to Test Day).
- All of these tests are conducted on scheduled club test days in front of external judges.
- Skaters may be scheduled to test during the afternoon and therefore may need to make schedule arrangements with their school.
* There are no refunds due to missed tests and/or errors, except if missed due to illness.
SKATE CANADA TESTING RESOURCES (external links)
LEARN-TO-SKATE and POWER SKATING programs are offered year-round, organized into 4 seasons:
- Fall: Sep-Dec
- Winter: Jan-Mar
- Spring: Apr-Jun
- Summer: Jun-Aug
You can register separately for each of these seasons.
FIGURE SKATING programs are offered year-round, organized into 3 seasons:
- Fall/Winter: Sep-Mar
- Spring: Apr-Jun
- Summer: Jul-Aug
RECENT NEWS & EVENTS
- KWSC CELEBRATES NATIONAL COACHES WEEK - SEPTEMBER 16-24 Read...
- CLUB CELEBRATES SELECTION OF TWO JUNIOR ICE DANCE TEAMS FOR ISU JUNIOR GRAND PRIX AND SKATE CANADA NEXTGEN PROGRAM Read...
- KWSC IS THRILLED TO INTRODUCE LASZLO SARKANY AS THE NEW PRESIDENT OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS Read...
- THE KITCHENER WATERLOO SKATING CLUB IS PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE PARTNERSHIP WITH BLUEPRINT NUTRITION Read...
- SKATING SPECIFIC OFF-ICE TRAINING FACILITY, CALLED THE ROTATION ROOM OPENS IN KITCHENER WATERLOO Read...
- CAROLYN MOSS HONOURED WITH KITCHENER SPORTS ASSOCIATION'S 2023 VOLUNTEER OF THE YEAR AWARD FOR KITCHENER WATERLOO SKATING CLUB Read...