WELCOME TO THE KITCHENER-WATERLOO SKATING CLUB!
We are a non-profit skating club that offers quality programs for all ages across both cities. We are one of the largest and most successful Skate Canada sanctioned clubs!
LEARN TO SKATE
Our Learn-to-Skate programs are designed to teach fundamental skating skills to people of all ages interested in ice sports such as hockey, ringette, and figure skating, as well as those wanting to skate for fitness and enjoyment.
KWSC is one of Canada's leading training centres. We offer singles, pairs, dance, and synchronized skating programs for beginners through to elite athletes. Our world-class training facility includes virtually everything a skater needs to reach their goals, all under one roof.
Skating is the most fundamental skill required to play hockey or ringette. Our Twin City Hockey Skating School offers power skating programs throughout the year. For more information, visit our Twin City Hockey Skating School website.
The Rotation Room in Kitchener Waterloo
The Rotation Room in KW is an innovative, off-ice training center for figure skaters of all levels and abilities. The Rotation Room aims to offer high-quality training opportunities for Canadian figure skaters in an inclusive, safe, and fun environment.
WHY CHOOSE KWSC?
- We are K-W's exclusive provider of the unrivalled CanSkate program--Canada's only nationally regulated learn-to-skate program
- Earned 'Exceeded Standard' in the certified Skate Ontario CanSkate Excellence Recognition Program
- Our programs are taught by a team of Skate Canada trained and certified professional coaches with a demonstrated track record of outstanding success
- We are K-W's only not-for-profit skating club
- For over 75 years we have done one thing, and we have done it exceptionally well: teaching children and adults to skate!
LEARN-TO-SKATE and POWER SKATING programs are offered year-round, organized into 4 seasons:
- Fall: Sep-Dec
- Winter: Jan-Mar
- Spring: Apr-Jun
- Summer: Jun-Aug
You can register separately for each of these seasons.
FIGURE SKATING programs are offered year-round, organized into 3 seasons:
- Fall/Winter: Sep-Mar
- Spring: Apr-Jun
- Summer: Jul-Aug
RECENT NEWS & EVENTS
- KWSC CELEBRATES NATIONAL COACHES WEEK - SEPTEMBER 16-24 Read...
- CLUB CELEBRATES SELECTION OF TWO JUNIOR ICE DANCE TEAMS FOR ISU JUNIOR GRAND PRIX AND SKATE CANADA NEXTGEN PROGRAM Read...
- KWSC IS THRILLED TO INTRODUCE LASZLO SARKANY AS THE NEW PRESIDENT OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS Read...
- THE KITCHENER WATERLOO SKATING CLUB IS PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE PARTNERSHIP WITH BLUEPRINT NUTRITION Read...
- SKATING SPECIFIC OFF-ICE TRAINING FACILITY, CALLED THE ROTATION ROOM OPENS IN KITCHENER WATERLOO Read...
- CAROLYN MOSS HONOURED WITH KITCHENER SPORTS ASSOCIATION'S 2023 VOLUNTEER OF THE YEAR AWARD FOR KITCHENER WATERLOO SKATING CLUB Read...