Synchronized skating, or “synchro” is a specialized discipline of skating involving groups of eight or more skaters performing various group formations and maneuvers. The objective is for the team to perform as one unit executing circles, blocks, lines, wheels and intersections in unison to the music, while demonstrating quality edges, power and flow.
KWSC will be hosting a synchro ‘TRY IT’ event on Sunday March 25th from 5:45 to 7:00pm. This session is open to all interested Star 1-4 skaters. If interested, please register here.
Spring synchro skills are offered in 2 sessions: Junior and Senior
For skaters who are registered in Star 1-4 sessions and are returning skaters as well as new participants wanting to try out this fun and team oriented discipline.
For skaters who are registered in Star 5-10 + Gold or Star 4-7 sessions. Returning and new skaters are welcome on this session.
These spring skills sessions are recommended for skaters trying out for the Juvenile or Pre-Novice team but they are not mandatory to be eligible for tryouts.
In spring the S.E.T. (Stroking, Edges and Turns) is recommended for skaters trying out for the Juvenile or Pre-Novice team, but is not mandatory to be eligible for tryouts.
Synchro Team Tryouts
- The Beginner and/or Elementary team and Adult team are open to all who meet the age and skill criteria and will not have tryouts.
- Tryouts are for Juvenile and Pre-Novice teams and will be held in early May on dedicated sessions not related to purchased programs. Dates will be announced by April 16th- please check back here for more details.
- The teams will be decided by the coaches hired by the club to run those teams, and members will be announced by mid-May.
- The Pre-Novice team will begin with practice once a week (7 sessions) in July and August. The Juvenile team will begin in September, however should the team desire, early June practices may also be added.
- Juvenile and Pre-Novice team members will be required to provide a non-refundable deposit on registration fees by late May. Members will pay only the program registration to the club, and parents will meet in late May to determine a team budget for costumes, competitions, etc., and those additional team's fees will be paid to the team managers.
Click here to register for Try Outs!
This program is open to STARSkaters who have passed their preliminary test and are 18+ years of age. For more information about the synchro teams, please contact the KWSC Office.
If you’d like to try one of our Adult sessions, please arrange a time with our Membership Services Coordinator, email@example.com. Adult Synchro 'Try It' registration!
Adult Synchro sessions take place on Sundays at 8:30 - 9:30 pm.