February 12, 2021
Dear Skating Families,
With the province announcing that Waterloo Region will return to the re-opening framework in the RED Zone (Control Level) on Tuesday, February 16, KWSC will begin re-opening on Thursday, February 18 with competitive skating sessions. The Athletic Centre will open on Monday, February 22. Recreational skating programs will begin to be offered that week as well. CanSkate and private power skating sessions will be available.
I look forward to again being able to offer the community both the physical and mental health benefits of skating, weight training and being together with peers. All of our COVID-19 protocols will be in place as we continue to make every effort to protect each other from this virus. Please see our updating Return to Play for the most accurate information on our protocols.
Kitchener Waterloo Skating Club
For regular updates, please go to our website (www.kwsc.org) and on Facebook
If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to us at
For more information about the 2019 Novel Coronavirus, please consult the following trusted resources:
- Region of Waterloo Public Health - https://www.regionofwaterloo.ca/en/health-and-wellness/2019- novel-coronavirus.aspx
- Ontario Ministry of Health - https://www.ontario.ca/page/ministry-health
- Public Health Agency of Canada - https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health.html
- Skate Ontario - https://skateontario.org
- Skate Canada - https://skatecanada.ca