2018 Spring Schedule
The current spring schedule was created by the KWSC Scheduling Team which is comprised of a small group coaches and office staff. Changes have been made to best accommodate our skaters and to offer opportunity for maximum advancement.
Learn-to-Skate and Power Skating begins April 8th
STAR/Comp begins April 16th
Schedule can be found online here: http://www.kwsc.org/calendar/
Important Dates can now be found here: http://www.kwsc.org/calendar/ (just above the calendar view).
New Terminology and Explanation of Changes
- We have removed ‘STAR 1-4’ sessions and replaced with ‘STAR 1-2’ and ‘STAR 3-5’ sessions. This change will offer safer and more productive sessions that are relevant towards skater’s current skill-level.
- STAR sessions have been divided into actual disciplines (i.e. Skills 7:45-7:55, FS 7:55-8:35, Dance 8:35-8:45) to provide more organized sessions and valuable teaching time
- In keeping with the current Skate Canada standards, ‘+ Gold’ is listed beside all applicable sessions
- When deciding on the appropriate session to register for, a skater must have passed either the Free Skate in that level or both Skills and Dance tests in that level. For example, if you want to skate on a ‘STAR 3-5’ session, you must have passed either STAR 3 Free Skate or both STAR 3 Skills and Dance. It is always recommended to consult with your coach prior to registering for a session or Test.
- ‘STAR 4-7’ is a pre-competitive session. Requirements: must skate on four (4) STAR sessions a week and have either a) competed STAR 4 in the previous season OR b) landed a clean axel
- Additions to off-ice such as ‘16+’Yoga/Pilates’
Rationale for Switching to Embedded Google Calendar
The PDF schedule is quite an outdated format. Parents and coaches often have different versions, especially if the file was changed frequently in a short period of time. With these challenges, it was decided to move to a real time printable calendar to ensure our members are always receiving the most up to date information- a very important benefit.
The schedule can viewed by day, week, or month, or filtered by rink. You can also select the time period in which you would like to view. If you work best off the traditional scheduling style, please select ‘week’ view to see the full session times by day of the week.
The schedule can be printed by a) right clicking your mouse and select ‘print’ when on ‘week’ view or b) select the ‘print’ button found on the top right hand side.
For those of you that are smart phone savvy, you can simply upload individual programs and their details to your personal calendar. To do this, select a program then select ‘copy to my calendar’. You will also notice that some programs have added details such as off-ice, time, location, maps, descriptions and discipline breakdowns.
New Guest Skate Procedure