SKATER INFO CENTRE
TEST FEES AND PROCEDURES
- STARSkate Test Fees (as per Skate Canada)
Free Skating $12.00 per part Dance $12.00 per individual dance Interpretive $12.00 per test Skating Skills $12.00 per test
- KWSC STAR 1 - 5 Test Procedures
- Tests are assessed by the coach and can take place any time as discussed between the coach and skater.
- A KWSC Coach is responsible for printing and filling out the Skate Canada Assessment Sheet and collecting test money from the skater/parent/guardian in advance of the test. The coach must also include their Skate Canada membership number on assessment sheet.
- After the test is completed, the coach submits the collected money and completed assessment sheet in the KWSC Test Day Drop Box.
- The Coach shall email the KWSC Technical Director to inform her that the assessment sheet and test day fee has been dropped in the Test Day Drop Box, copying the parent/guardian on the email. The KWSC Technical Director will confirm that the submission has been collected copying both the coach and the parent or skater in the reply.
- The club will then forward the test form and payment to Skate Canada, and if the test was passed, record it on the skaters KWSC membership account.
- KWSC STAR 6+ Test Procedures
- Online registration will open 30 days before the formal test day, and will remain open until 15 days before test day at 12:00pm. Parents are to register and pay online. Please ensure the Partner (for Dances), No Music/Music (For Skills), and Title (for Interpretive) are mentioned in comments/notes before completing the payment.
- Coaches must ensure skaters or parent/guardian of skaters register for the proper test online through the KWSC Membership system. On the day the registration closes, coaches are to review the online registration of all their skaters.
- The Test Day schedule will be posted both online and around the rink once it is received from the KWSC test chairperson.
- All of these tests are conducted on scheduled club test days in front of external judges.
SKATE CANADA TESTING RESOURCES (external links)
LEARN-TO-SKATE and POWER SKATING programs are offered year-round, organized into 4 seasons:
- Fall: Sep-Dec
- Winter: Jan-Mar
- Spring: Apr-Jun
- Summer: Jun-Aug
You can register separately for each of these seasons.
FIGURE SKATING programs are offered year-round, organized into 3 seasons:
- Fall/Winter: Sep-Mar
- Spring: Apr-Jun
- Summer: Jul-Aug
RECENT NEWS & EVENTS
- PA & SKATER OF THE MONTH - CONGRATULATIONS HIEU & CAROLINE Read...
- Mackenzie Ripley and Owen Brawley invited to attend the 2018 NextGen Development Camp Read...
- SKATE ONTARIO SECTIONAL SERIES - GTSA SUMMER SKATE - KWSC RESULTS! Read...
- PA & SKATER OF THE MONTH - CONGRATULATIONS MARY & AIDAN! Read...
- Skate Ontario Sectional Series - Minto Summer Skate 2018 - KWSC Results! Read...
- REGISTRATION NOW OPEN! SEPTEMBER SEMINAR - 'PASSION LIVES HERE' Read...