Now Recruiting Volunteers for FALL 2022 and beyond! Please fill out volunteer form below.
KWSC is a not-for-profit organization that relies upon its volunteers to run efficiently. Your time and personal contributions make a difference to all of our skaters. Volunteering has many personal rewards, and your involvement will help us achieve our goals and help control the costs of our programs. Fill out our Volunteer Registration / Application form below.
Current High Priority Volunteer Opportunities
1. Program Assistants (PA's)
2. Governance Committees (Various Roles)
PA roles and responsibilities:
- Set out the banners and toys at the beginning of the session
- Assist in clean up at the end of the session
- Help the skaters on and off the ice, assist the new skaters in standing, balancing and participating in warm-up and cool down
- Assist in drawing the circuits as directed at the beginning of the session
- Assist the skaters on the 3 rotation circuits as directed by the Coach
- Monitor for safety and assist the skaters during warm-up and cool down
- Be a role model for the skaters on the session
Why serve as a Program Assistant?
Serving as a Program Assistant provides an opportunity for experienced skaters to improve their leadership skills, make new friends, and serve as role models for our new skaters.
Skaters considering this position may come from the STARSkate program or the Competitive program. Skaters may also come from the Community Hockey or Ringette programs or be former figure skaters.
KWSC will also sign off on high school volunteer hours.
Please consider joining our team. Our Learn-To-Skate programs need your help!
Candidates must demonstrate:
- A helping nature
- Patience with children
- An ability to communicate ideas clearly
- A sense of commitment to tasks
- Ability to lead activities in a creative and enthusiastic manner
- Be at least 12 years of age
For more information, please contact the KWSC Office.
Why become a KWSC volunteer?
- Enjoy social interaction, meet new people, and be part of a team
- Experience personal growth, learning and satisfaction
- Be a part of positive change in your community
- Pursue professional growth and development
- Create employment skills
- Expand your professional network
- Build your sense of connection with the skating community
- Apply your skills and learn new ones
- Build leadership skills, personal empowerment and self-esteem
- Seize an opportunity for giving, caring and community involvement
- Help skaters develop their love of skating and fulfill their dreams
- Complete education or work experience requirements
- Help reduce the cost of skating programs
- Have fun!
For more information about volunteer opportunities at KWSC, please email, or complete our volunteer registration form below so that we can match your skills and interests with a volunteer role.